Wednesday, March 21, 2007

First Surgery is Complete

Addi's surgery didn't start until 1:10 and was complete by about 2:30. The surgeon came and told us everything went as expected with no surprises. She is in recovery now and her Mom and Dad should be able to go back to see her soon. We have been told that they like to keep the cardiac patients sedated and on the respirator for up to 48 hours after surgery to allow them to rest so healing can begin. If all goes as planned, she will have about a week in the PICU and will then be moved to a step down room for another week. Give thanks to God for getting us through this first hurdle and continue to pray that Addi will come off the respirator with no problems and heal quickly.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy all went well. You guys were in our thoughts all day! Let us know if you need anything.

Anonymous said...

Hi Teresa, I called the lab to get an update before checking my
e-mail; this is a neat idea, I'd never heard of a blog before. I'm so glad that one hurdle is behind you all! Addi is on many prayer lists so hang in there she is in good hands.

drKruminator said...

Mom just let me know about your granddaughter today. I'll be keeping Addi, Trevor, and all of you in my throughts and prayers through the long journey ahead. I'm so glad you have a strong family support syste and faith. (As well as access to such great medical care.)

Unknown said...

I am glad that the first surgery went well. You are all in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

We have been praying all day. Glad it went so well.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Have faith.
Luisa